Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Ego the Size of a Planet

You know, sometimes I curse my parents for giving me too much upbringing.  Then, a nanosecond later, I realize (again) they're not to blame.  Most probably.  Or maybe.  I'm not sure.  It's my own fault.  Sort of.  I don't know ... and I never will, that's the real truth.

The topic is egoism ant thoughtlessness and why I see it everywhere, every day.  Is it just me, or do other people make the same type of observations?  I mean, it's getting on my nerves.  I want to block it out and be "normal"!  Why do I have to be bothered by witnessing how other people bulldozer their way through life?  Why can't I just ignore it and mind my own business?  Yes, I want to but it's just easier to say than do.

I'm talking about people who park in handicap spots at the mall; people who uses two parking spots at the mall; people who loses a bag of return bottles on the floor inside the mall and just picks up the bottles that are still whole, while leaving the cleanup to the staff; people who sneak in the queue; people who talk so loud you can hear every word even if you're on the other side of the shop; and so on, and so on.

And this is just some examples from the mall.  It's the same in most other scenes of life too - at work, at school, in the cinema, you name it.

Why are they doing this?  Don't they care about how they stand out in public?  Or are they just not thinking?  Don't they have an upbringing?  Why can't people behave properly?  Is it so hard?  And why do they have to irritate me - I just want to be left alone?

You may say, "Oh, but there are always some people who do such things, but most people are really not like that."  Really?  I wish I could meet you then, at the mall, and the people you refer to, because they're not that many where I put my shoes.

Why can't other people be more considerate?  For me it's the most natural thing in the world to take consideration of the people around me.  I'm brought up to be an oiled cog wheel in the society, not sand in the machinery.  I beleive this is necessarry if we are going to live close to each other.  And in that respect we don't have a choice.  This is the only planet we have.  Everybody can't just walz around doing what they please, thinking they're alone on the planet and don't have to think about other people.  If they think they're alone, then they have an ego as large as the whole planet.  A planet for themselves ...